Henry J. Brunnier
arrived in San Francisco on May 4, 1906 just after the
He was on loan from
his employer the New York Edison Company to the firm
Ford, Bacon and Davis, engineers for United Railroads.
His job was to help
rebuild the streetcar system that had been destroyed by
opportunity to provide consulting engineering services
to help rebuild San Francisco, he opened his own
practice on June 1, 1908.
Shortly after he
joined a new business service organization called
will celebrate 100 years of service in 2008.