Orlando Dragons, FL, USA
Service Above Self!
The Early Years
The Rotary Club of Orlando Dragons is a member of Rotary International. District 6980 is composed of clubs in the Central Florida, USA in Zone 34. The goal is to leverage the service strength of Orlando's Mandarin Chinese speaking community in the philosophy of Rotary's Service Above Self.
The concept of the club formulated when Rotary International President Gary CK Huang visited the district on March 13, 2015. A preliminary organizational meeting was held March 31, 2015 with recruits, Governor Jo Weber, and Governor Nominee Dan Semenza. On April 22, the Doctor Phillips club's president, John Winemilller, presented the funds to sponsor the members of the chartering members, new member kits, the bell and gavel, club banner, and Four-Way Test Banner.
Provisional Charter Membership was declared by DG Jo Weber on 24 April 2015 including members: Rotarian Jim Beyer, Sue Brown, Kenny Chang, Hsien Mei Chen, Mary Chen, Lucy Fender, Jiashun Huang, PHF +1 former Rotarian Bo-Yu Lao, Jennie Lee, Hong Can Lin, Dr Meng Liu, Jimmy Liu, Bob Lynch, Lisa Lynch, Rotarian Dr Phyllis M Olmstead, Rotarian Rachel Siu, Yuqing Tang, Peter Wang, Tony Wang, Christina Wong, Rick Xi, Eddie Yeh, Philip Zhao, Chung Ying Zheng, Jessica Zhu, and Michael Zhu.
Rotary International President Gary C.K. Huang, Taipei, Taiwan, chartered the club on 11 June 2015 at the Buena Vista Palace, Lake Buena Vista, FL. District Governor Jo Weber, The Villages, assisted the RIP before the district Awards and Guards ceremony.
Societal Contributions—Avenues of Service
- Books donated to local libraries in honor of our guest speakers
- Donated Christmas Gifts to all children and family members at the Orlando Union Rescue Mission (OURM)
- Donated foundation garments to OURM mission
- Donated books for library to OURM family facility
- Club's first Happy Dollars allocated to ShelterBox USA.
- Club's first guest speakers were Debra Lowe of The Rotary Foundation and Susanne Bea of World's Greatest Meal to End Polio. Club allocated funds to World's Greatest Meal.
- Jim Beyer's company PowerOne Inc., designed and donated the club dragon logo.
- Phyllis Olmstead's company Olmstead Publishing donated speaker's book and labels.
|Charter 2015 Rachel Siu||2015-2016 Rachel Siu||2016-2017 JiaShun Huang||2017-2018||2018-2019|
Meetings and Information
Please join us at our weekly meeting!
Thursday of each week at 12:00 pm
Doubletree Hotel Orlando Downtown
60 S Invnahoe Blvd
Orlando, FL 32804 USA
Contact Information Rotary Club of Orlando Dragons
5100 Old Howell Branch Road
Winter Park, FL 32792 USA
Email us or call (407)923-9988