West Orlando, FL, USA
Service Above Self!
The Early Years
The Rotary Club of West Orlando was chartered on the 25th of July 1968 after being recommended by ENDORSINGCLUBNAME of CITYANDSTATEOFENDORSINGCLUB.
The “seed” for our club came from Bill Coleman, a local businessman who met with several other leading young men in the area. The club was chartered in 1968 and Tom Cassell was elected as the first president. Since that time the club has donated time and money in a variety of community services to help local, national and international causes.
Societal Contributions—Avenues of Service
We use a golf tournament to help raise funds for local and global service.
- Ramp Projects
- The West Orlando Rotary is best known for building wheelchair ramps throughout Central Florida for handicapped and home bound at no cost to the handicapped or their families.
- The West Orlando Rotary Club is directly involved in our local schools.
Evans High School
- Student of the month program
- Financial support to Evans JROTC
- Yearly shoes distribution to students
- Financial Aid towards students’s books and more
Boys and Girls Club of Pine Hills
- Providing financial and social support
|Club||Presidents||1968-1969 Tom Cassell||1969-1970|
|2010-2011||2011-2012||2012-2013||2013-2014 Allen Monroe||2014-2015 Nicholas Maharaj|
|2015-2016 Darrell Gardner||2016-2017||2017-2018||2018-2019||2019-2020|
Meetings and Information
Please join us at our weekly meeting!
Thursday of each week at 12 noon
West Orlando Lodge
475 South Kirkman Road
Orlando, FL 32808 USA
Contact us at The Rotary Club of West Orlando
P.O. Box 393
Windermere, FL 32808-0393 USA