Winter Springs, FL, USA
Service Above Self!
The Early Years
The Rotary Club of Winter Springs is a member of Rotary International. District 6980 is composed of clubs in the five counties of Central Florida. The Winter Springs club was chartered on May 24, 1984.
Rotary has maintained it's strength over the years by concentrating efforts on issues that are relevant to communities around the world; such as, literacy, peace, education, and health.
- Pathways to Care--The Rotary Club of Winter Springs lead by Rotarian Harry Arthur feeds the residents of Pathways to Care on the first Sunday of every month.We start at 6:00 am to prepare breakfast for the 40 +- residents. After serving breakfast we clean up and start on preparing lunch. Once lunch is served and cleaned up we prepare dinner, which is usually a light meal, soup and sandwiches.
- Keeth Rotary Run--The Rotary Club of Winter Springs lead by Rotarian Tim Seibert host the annual Keeth Rotary Run which is held at Keeth Elementary School in Winter Springs.
- Ukraine Orphanage Project Chereshenskiy Internat--2009-2010 Rotary International project with the Rotary Club of Chernigov Ukraine. This International humanitarian project will not only improve children's health but also their future. The project has two components which both directly impact the children of Chereshenskiy Orphanage. The first part addresses health and environmental issues, the second focuses on education. Hazardous septic waste will no longer pollute the river and drinking water supply. The entire community and ultimately our world will benefit from a clean water supply.
The community is strengthened by providing higher education to its residents. The trade school program at the orphanage will be available at no charge to all children over 16 years of age living in the surrounding community. This is especially important because these local children are often taking care of their families and farms and do not have an opportunity or money to go to the city to attend a trade school.
- Ukraine Orphanage Project Krasny Khutor Internat--The Rotary project at Krasny Khutor orphanage was completed February 2009. Building toilet and shower facilities.
- Winter Springs High School Interact Club
- Rollins College Rotaract Club
- The University of Central Florida Rotaract Club
- Seminole State College Rotaract Club
Rotary Fishing Tournament--The Rotary Club of Winter Springs lead by Rotarian Mark Sardo hosted a wonderful fishing event for the youth of our community. The small lake at Trotwood Park was stocked with hundreds of fish a week before the big day. Watch this video, to see how our tournament turned out.
|1984 Chartered||1984-1985 James Cooper|
|1985-1986 Rich Flanagan||1986-1987 Gregory Foppiani||1987-1988 Robert Navidomskis||1988-1989 James T. Fry||1989-1990 John R. Heninger|
|1990-1991 Roger E. Owen||1991-1992 Paul P. Partyka||1992-1993 Ronald S. Kandzer||1993-1994 Ronald S. Kandzer||1994-1995 William E. Starmer|
|1995-1996 Timothy Seibert||1996-1997 Gregory Hess||1997-1998 Kay B. Corum||1998-1999 Owen E. Bailey||1999-2000 A. Mark Sardo|
|2000-2001 William F. Geisler||2001-2002 Ruth Rudy||2002-2003 Tommy J. Lenzini||2003-2004 Marty Kramer||2004-2005 Tim Slattery|
|2005-2006 Don Gilmore||2006-2007 Maureen Simmons||2007-2008 James B. Moriarty||2008-2009 Brantley G. Tillis||2009-2010 Intesar Terkawi|
|2010-2011 Carla Bray||2011-2012 Harry Arthur||2012-2013 Greg Banfield||2013-2014 Andrew Brunkala||2014-2015 Gary Grund|
|2015-2016||2016-2017 Phyllis Kent||2017-2018 Gerry Marino||2018-2019 Thomas Peppler||2019-2020|
Meetings and Information
Please join us at our weekly meeting!
Friday of each week at 7:30 am
Tuscawilla Country Club 1500 Winter Springs Blvd, Winter Springs, FL 32708-3803 USA
Contact us at Rotary Club of Winter Springs
P.O. Box 195235, Winter Springs, FL 32719-5235 USA
Email the Club
[[Rotary District 6980| District 6980]